Elections for City Council are held every two years with three of the six Council positions up for
election. Election of the Mayor is held every four years. City Council members and the Mayor
serve four year terms of office. The next City Election will be held the first Tuesday following
the first Monday in November, 2017. This Election will be held to determine three of the six
City Council positions.
A candidate has to declare that he/she is a qualified elector and the qualification of the registered
elector are as follows:
- At least 18 years of age,
- A US citizen,
- The candidate’s primary residence must be within the city,
- The address of the candidate’s voter registration must match the residence address provide on the candidate’s declaration
- And the candidate must have resided in the city for at least 30 days prior to submitting their declaration.
Candidate has to file a completed Declaration of Candidacy accompanied by:
- a petition of candidacy signed by not less than five (5) registered qualified electors; or
- a non-refundable filing fee of forty dollars ($40).